Everywhere you look and every marketing company you speak to, will tell you that Content is King. We have even said it ourselves. However, it is not entirely the truth! Good Content is King. Smart Website Content is King. There is no point creating blog posts full of content, if it is not smart content.
There are 7 things you need to make sure your website content is, to ensure it is smart website content. These things are as follows;
- You must create your website content or blog posts with your target audience or ideal customer in mind. If you don’t think it will interest them, then don’t share it on your website.
- Your content needs to be helpful, informative and entertaining. While it may not be all three of these, it does need to cover at least two of those points to be classed as ‘smart content’.
- It is essential that you are posting content consistently. There is no point in blogging once a day for 6 days in a row and then not posting a new blog post again for 2 months. It would be far more beneficial (and smarter) to upload one blog post a week, for example.
- You need to make sure that your content can be spread quickly and easily. Think about ways you can take snippets from your blog posts and share them on social media for example.
- We would recommend that you have internal links within your website content and blog posts. These should link words from the blog post to another page on your website. Ideally this would be a service or product you offer. The link would go to the landing page for that service or product.
- At some point in your blog post or website content you need to include a call to action. This is traditionally towards the end of the content. This will take the reader to another page or get them to take an action such as placing an order or contacting you.
- To know it is smart content it must be measurable. This way you can see the return on investment of the content. This can clearly be seen through Google Analytics. You’ll be able to see how many people have seen the smart content and how they got to it.
And now for our call to action; if you would like some smart website content created on your behalf then please contact us directly. We would be happy to share what we can do for you.