Here at Creative Content Company there are 3 social media platforms that we use ourselves and recommend to other businesses. We use Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook as our three main business social media platforms – and we recently came across these Twitter stats that certainly surprised us, and we thought that they might surprise you too.
- Tweets that include a link within them are 86% more likely to be retweeted than a tweet with a link.
- If you ask for a retweet then your tweet is 12 times a likely to be retweeted, meanwhile if you actually spell out ‘Please Retweet’ your tweet is 23 times more likely to be retweeted.
- Twitter users that who mostly use a mobile device are 181% more likely to use twitter on their commute; this is why it is so important to ensure your website is mobile friendly and that you are tweeting when your target audience are commuting!
- Twitter engagement for brands is 17% higher during the weekends.
- If you include an image of your link in your tweet you will get 2 times the engagement than those tweets with an image to the link.
- You don’t need to write long and lengthy tweets; in fact those tweets of less than 100 characters are proven to get 17% more engagement.
- Twitter isn’t just for the youngsters as you may presume; in fact the fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year olds.
- Make sure you include a hashtag in your tweet; tweets with hashtags get around 2 times more engagement.
If these stats have surprised you and you’d like some Twitter training or even some Twitter social media management to help you gain more from social media for your business then please contact us directly. We can teach you how to make the most of Twitter, or we can do it for you!