Regular email newsletters are a really effective way of keeping in touch with your existing clients while getting your brand out to a wider target audience. People often sign up to newsletters because they want to be inspired and kept up to date with the latest industry news.
However, sometimes it can be quicker to unsubscribe from an email than it is to sign up – so how can you keep your readers interested in your ‘must read’ newsletter so they don’t want to unsubscribe from your business email newsletter. We have put some top tips together to help make your business newsletter a ‘must read’ for your subscribers.
- Why not consider starting with an intro to the business owner, make it personal by saying what you’ve been up to, what to expect and where things are heading to give newsletter subscribers a real feel for you and the business.
- Always try and include hints, tips and snippets that will give your subscribers free advice, this is often a reason they have signed up to your business email newsletter so by putting free advice at the top of your list you’ll be giving your readers what they want.
- Latest industry news is another reason people will have signed up for your email newsletter so make sure you keep your finger on the pulse as this will help you come across as an expert in your industry.
- Share links to relevant blogs and articles; these can be links through to content on your own website but also other experts in your industry. Of course we wouldn’t recommend you send your readers to your competitors but maybe to suppliers or other in your industry?
- Include any upcoming events, whether this is an event you are hosting yourself or a business exhibition that you have a stand out. Give your readers a chance to meet you so they can build a relationship with you.
- Promote and advertise special offers and deals that are only available to those that are subscribers of your business email newsletter. This could be money off of a service or product or even special add-ons when they purchase a product or service from you.
- Include a joke or motivational quote – whatever suits you and your brand best. This will just help to make your business newsletter that little bit different to others and also give readers something to go away with, talk about and refer to.
These are just some ways you can make your newsletter a ‘must read’ – it’s important to make sure it’s long enough to be informative but short enough to read over a cup of coffee and a biscuit!