Social media contests are a really great way of boosting your brand on social media. They are a big hit because who doesn’t want to win free things? Every time your social media contest is shared online your brand will be shared in front of potential new customers too. This will help boost likes for your social media page. It will boost your brand awareness. It can help you gain more customers and clients for your business too.
We have given you some examples of the massive benefits you can gain by running social media contests the smart way. So now let’s look at how you can run a social media contest the smart way. We have shared some tips below to help:
- Firstly, think about your audience and the channel that you want to grow your audience on. While you can run social media contests on various platforms, it is better to stick to just one social media platform. That way you can really concentrate on growing your audience with the right people, in the right way.
- You also need to think about what the prize for your social media contest could be. Could it be something relevant to your business? Perhaps it could be something relevant to the time of the year. Like flowers for Mother’s Day, a chocolate egg for Easter, or a meal voucher for Valentine’s Day for example?
- Set yourself a deadline. Decide how long you want the social media contest to run and then set a closing date and time. Make sure this is clear on all the adverts, posts and graphics that you share for your prize.
- Create the graphics and set up your social media posts to share over the coming days and weeks. These could be scheduled in advance to ensure that they all go out on time.
- It is important that you keep track of the names of the entrants. You also need to ensure that that the entrants have followed all the steps to enter the contest.
- Once the social media contest date has finished make sure you announce and tag the winners in social media posts. Congratulate the winners publicly. Then share photos of them with the prize if possible.
Need help running a social media content the smart way? Call our social media posting experts now to see how we can help you.