In this blog post we share with a checklist to help you create high-quality, optimised web content. By creating optimised website content you can better attract traffic to your website.
Not only that, but you will attract the right traffic to your website. These will be consumers that want to buy the product or service you offer, which makes them easier to convert.
So, here is your checklist for optimised web content for your business:
- It’s important to know your core audience. Take the time to think about whom your target audience is and who will be reading this. You need to do that before you even start writing the content.
- Think about the title. You need a title that will grab the attention of your target audience effectively. You don’t want to create click-bait article that let your audience down. Make sure you talk about what the title covers.
- Every page on your website needs to have at least 300 words to be good optimised web content. Make sure the topic you will be writing about will spread for at least 300 words. However, do not use filler words just to beef up the content.
- Choose a primary keyword. For example, in this blog post our primary keyword is ‘optimised web content’. This needs to be used around 5 times per 300-600 words to be well-optimised for your website.
- Think about secondary keywords too. These are other search terms you want Google to recognise you for. One of our secondary keywords on this blog, as an example, is ‘website content’.
- Make sure your website content is informative, but also engaging. Instead of just talking at your audience through your blog post, include questions or examples for them to think about when reading it.
- Break up your content. Instead of having a log block of text, use sub heading, numbers or bullet points to break the content up. This will help make the content easier to read and skim too.
- Another way of making the wording easier to read is to use shorted paragraphs. This makes the website content more attractive as well as being easier to read on the go.
- Always include calls to action in the written content on your website. These are extremely useful for the reader and can boost your conversion rates too.
- Remember to include internal links to other pages of your website. This shows Google that you are sharing informative, useful and relevant content on your website. It also improves the customer journey and your conversion rates as well.
We hope you find the checklist useful. However, if you ever need help creating optimised web content for your business, give our content writers a call.