We are often asked by small business owners, why they should blog for their business. It’s an understandable question, as a small business owner you already have loads going on and blogging can often be an additional chore on the ‘to-do’ list.
Below we have listed just some of the reasons why you should blog for your small business;
- A blog on your website is a direct communication channel with your target audience where you can share timely and relevant information.
- The blog on your website will fuel your SEO, search engines love valuable and regular content and they will reward you for doing it too.
- Blogs don’t require advanced graphic skills and they are often a case of copying and pasting from a word document onto your blog.
- According to a survey by HubSpot, 60% of businesses that blog gain more customers.
- Your blog can be the heart if all your content marketing efforts, giving you content to share to social media platforms, newsletters, emails and more.
- A blog on your website will give your company a voice where you can talk about recent trends in your industry and share your opinions.
- You can use a blog post to share your expertise which will help you position yourself as an expert in your industry.
- The blog on your website can also be used to create a two-way conversation between customers, potential customers and industry peers.
- Many small business owners find blogging great fun as well as energising and stimulating, some even look forward to blogging.
- Writing a blog post for your business can make you think about newsworthy topics, your industry and your customers.
- A blog will help keep you focused on your content marketing strategy allowing you to create a schedule that you’ll stick to.
- Your blog post can create free PR for your business as many business bloggers will be interviewed by journalists and industry experts or their opinions.
- A blog will help you build confidence, relationships and sales because your target audience will look to you as a reliable source of advice and guidance.
- You can stay ahead of the curve, on top of industry news and market trends when you blog, which will help your business become a leader.
What’s stopping your business from blogging? If it’s down to time then give us a call and we can do it for you, but if you’re just not sure what to do we can offer advice, guidance and even training.