When it comes to online marketing, it’s all through the eyes. You need to make sure that your posts get seen by the eyes. In turn, the brain will then engage in what it is seeing. One way of doing this is through visual content. In this blog post we share some evidence to show you why your business needs visual content to achieve more online.
- Research shows that visual content on social media gets 94% more views then social media posts without any visual content.
- It is reported that visual content is now 40% more likely to be shared on social media networks that content that is not visual.
- Further research shows us that 90% of information that is sent to the brains is visual.
- Experts have proven that visual content is processed 60,000 times faster than text.
- Perhaps concerningly, the average person only reads around 20% of the text on regular website page. If you can include images to break up the content, the average person may be inclined to read and take in more of the content.
We have also come across research that shows what people retain in their brains. This research shows that 80% of people will retain what they see. Meanwhile, 20% of people will retain what they read. Finally, 10% of people will retain what they hear.
So, now do you see why your business needs visual content. If you want to keep your business or brand in a person’s mind, then visual content is the way to do it. This could be through photos of your business, services and products or your team for example. You could use stock images too, but ‘real’ photos will always achieve more for the online presence of your business.
Perhaps you could start creating infographics for your business too? Maybe you fancy creating some explainer videos to better promote your business? You could even start your own YouTube channel to show your target audience exactly who you are what your business is about.
Looking to promote visual content for your business? Call our social media marketers now.