With so many different digital marketing channels and marketing options out there, we thought it would be interesting to see where small businesses are investing. Which digital marketing channels are businesses investing more of their money and time in?
By understanding this as a business owner, it shows you where your competition is spending their time and money. This, in turn, may show you which digital marketing channels you should be spending your time and money.
We recently came across some research by The Manifest in their 2018 Digital Marketing Survey. They asked business owners and digital marketers which digital marketing channels they will invest more in. 501 people were involved in the survey and these are the top 6 answers they got from respondents in this survey;
- 64% of business owners and marketers agree that social media marketing is where more money will be invested by businesses.
- 55% of business owners and marketers agree that websites is where businesses will choose to invest more money.
- 43% of business owners and marketers agree that the digital marketing channel that businesses will invest more money is email marketing.
- 40% of business owners and marketers agree that mobile apps are where business will invest more time and money.
- 39% of business owners and marketers agree that content marketing is the digital marketing channel is where businesses will invest more.
- 36% of business owners and marketers agree that SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the digital marketing channel that businesses will choose to invest more in.
So where does that leave your business? Are you currently using digital and online marketing to promote your business? If your competition is there, you could be missing out on your target audience and potential new customers for your business.
If you would like help reviewing your online marketing or are looking for ways to improve it, contact our team directly. We are here to help businesses achieve more online.