When you get a testimonial for your business from a customer or client you are well and truly within your rights to do a happy dance. This testimonial tells you that you, as a business, and a person are doing a great job. The client paying for your services or products is always good, them saying thank-you or telling you they are pleased is great too.
But a real testimonial? It’s worth its weight in gold!
It is putting their name by something that basically says “These guys are great. I use them and think you should too”.
It’s all well and good for you to say you’re good at what you do, but when someone else says it – well, that’s the icing on the cake for a business, it’s like a word of mouth recommendation and can put trust in your business, and even persuade that potential customer to use your business.
So what can you do with your testimonials?
- Put testimonials on flyers and leaflets to promote what you do and that you do it well
- Put a testimonial on the back or along the bottom of your business card
- Paste it at the bottom of your email newsletter or printed newsletter, changing the testimonials each newsletter
- Create a testimonials page on your website and update it every time you get a new testimonial
- Write a blog post sharing the testimonial, your favourite testimonial or a latest testimonial
- Print it off and stick it on a wall in your office
- Put it in a frame and display it with pride
- Share it on social media
- Write a case study talking about what the client needed, what you did and end with their testimonial
- Include them in your networking pitches or presentations as a way to talk about what you do and how you help others
- Have them scrolling on the home page of your website, below the fold
- Put specific testimonials on the specific services or products pages on your website
- Include them in award applications
- Talk about or mention them when meeting new clients
These are just some ways you can use testimonials – can you think of any other great ideas for sharing your testimonials?