As you will have seen from our social media posts, photos and previous blog post; we set up a virtual bingo night with 8 days notice. I saw the most beautiful story about a lady called Dorothy and how Care Network Cambridgeshire helped her. I knew I had to do something to support this amazing charity.
However, as the saying goes “Apart we can do so little, together we can do so much!” – so, I organised an event so we could raise more awareness and money for this charity. I quickly contacted businesses to donate vouchers and prizes for the bingo. This meant that entrance money could go to the charity and these donated goodies could be the prizes for the bingo.
We were overwhelmed by the generosity of businesses and were able to create a raffle too. This enabled us to raise even more money for the charity and the amazing work they do.
I would like to take this chance to say thank-you to everyone that joined us for the bingo and those that bought raffle tickets. I’d also like to thank those incredible businesses that donated prizes for the bingo and raffle.
Our Raffle Prizes Included:
- 1 Month Free Classes from Jazzercise Cambourne and Hampton
- £25 Pizza Hut Voucher from Office Could Solutions
- £25 Amazon Voucher from Printbox
- £10 Bewiched Voucher from Creative Content Company
- £25 Meal Voucher from ANB Law
- £15 House of Feasts Voucher from Creative Content Company
- Afternoon Tea for 2 from The Chalkboard
Our Bingo Prizes Included:
- £10 Hair Voucher from Rumours Hair Salon
- £10 Amazon Voucher from Creative Content Company
- £30 M&S Voucher from Elite Events ECL
- Cut and Blow Dry from Locks and Shades
- £20 Amazon Voucher from Chromium Bookkeeping
- £30 Next Voucher from GEP Consulting Ltd
- A Handmade Pendant from Oakland Jewellery
- £20 Tesco Voucher from Allbright Property Maintenance
- Pair of Mirror Wills worth £375 from Clarity Partnership
- A3 Canvas Print from Vibrant Colour and Print
- An Amazon Voucher from CS Heating Specialists
On the night we managed to raise just under £300 from the bingo and raffle. As a business, we then rolled this up to £350 and the money was sent over to Care Network Cambridgeshire on Monday 20th July.
Thank you so much to all of you that joined us. We hope you enjoyed the night as much as we did! (I’m sure you never want to hear the number three again?)