I was lucky enough to attend the launch of recently and it was a fantastic event. Having attended the awards ceremony last year I didn’t think there would be much room for improvement but I’ve definitely been proven wrong.
Last year Creative Content Company was a finalist for Small Business of the Year, we were beaten by Kim Coley and her fantastic team at Soul Happy Peterborough, so to be honest, this was not too upsetting as they are an amazing group and achieve incredible things in Peterborough.
This year there are more award categories, the award ceremony will include a sit down meal and it has been really well publicised already; plus this year Laura Bailey, the organiser and Miss Peterborough, has a winning team on hand – Hannah and Jules from School of Women Rock.
The award categories are as follows;
- The Peterborough Service Business of The Year
- The Peterborough Education Small Business of The Year
- The Peterborough Food & Hospitality Small Business of The Year
- The Peterborough Small Trade Business Of The Year
- Food & Hospitality Small Business of The Year
- The Peterborough Small Retail Business Of The Year
- The Peterborough Small Business Apprentice Of The Year
- The Peterborough New Small Business Of The Year
- The Peterborough Small Business Owner Of The Year
- The Peterborough Network Marketer Of The Year
- The Peterborough Small Business Of The Year 2018
- The Peterborough Inspirational Business Person Of The Year
- The Peterborough Personality Of The Year
- The Peterborough Entrepreneur Of The Year
- The Peterborough – People’s Choice Small Business Of The Year
- The Peterborough Small Business Eco Award
I can speak from experience, not of this award but others, and confirm that being nominated for an award, being a finalist or winning an award can be really good for your business. It helps increase brand awareness, shows you as an award winning business, is great for PR, gives you a confidence boost and so much more.
I would highly recommend nominating a business or person in business that you know – to help make their life in business that little bit easier, and to help make sure they are recognised for the great work that they do.
You can nominate a business here; https://thesmallbusinessawards.co.uk/