Here at Creative Content Company we are always talking about blogging. Personally, as a business, we create a new blog post at least every other day. We also provide the service of blogging for businesses. This means we create blog posts for businesses from all different industries. On top of this we offer blogging training to teach business owners how to blog for their business. The popularity of blogs is still as strong as ever, if not stronger.
In this blog post we look at some research from ResearchNow that looked at the popularity of blog posts. What they found was really interesting and we want to share some of that with you. This way you can see why blog posts are so popular, why you should be thinking about them and how they can help your business.
- 84% of people have bought a product based on the description of the product in a blog post. This means if you are selling products but not blogging when your competition is, they are going to get 84% of that audience buying from them.
- 25% of all internet users aged 25 to 34 years old will read blog posts every day. The blog post topics will vary, but they will always read the blog posts. If your audience is in this age range, blogging for your business is something you need to be considering.
- 1 in 4 internet users aged between 18 and 34 years old would read a blog by a celebrity. Meanwhile, only 7% of people over the age of 55 years old would read a celebrities blog. This shows the importance of celebrity endorsements if you are targeting your business towards a younger audience.
- A quarter of all internet users will buy something each month that was based on a blog post. This is a mix of B2B and B2C audiences and just shows, again, how important blog posts are why there is a popularity of blog posts by businesses and the consumer.
- On average two in every three people read blogs online at least a few times every week. Chances are, based on 2 in 3 people; at least two thirds of your audience are reading blog posts.
The popularity of blog posts is increasing among consumers. If your business is not blogging, you need to start blogging. If you’re not sure how; give us a call.