There has been loads of talk about Local SEO recently, and the benefits of Local SEO. But what is Local SEO and do you need it for your business?
Local SEO basically means a selection of online activities that improves your ranking on search engines such as Google in your local area, or the local area where your target audience live. For example, if you are a plumber you can gain benefits of local SEO by ranking in a chosen area that is near to your home. This means you can get more work done and spend less time on the road.
There are 5 main benefits to local SEO and we have listed these below for you;
- Local SEO will increase your search engine rankings (as you are only competing with people in that area) and this will help increase your sales too.
- Through good quality SEO in your local area you can build up a better brand image for your business, in the geographical area that you want to work in.
- You will be able to increase your marketing efficiency as you can target the right customers in the right areas.
- Local SEO will help you improve your passive customer acquisition too as more people in the same area become aware of you and your business.
- By ranking for your service in your chosen geographical areas you will bring your customers closer to you. As we said before, this means you can spend more time working and less time travelling.
How can we help with your local SEO?
We can create local SEO blog posts for your business which will talk about the service you offer and the area you want to work. This could include top tips, benefits of your service, why choose your business, how to choose the best service provider in an area and so on.
We can also write local pages on your website to back this up to. For example, if you are an electrician in Peterborough we can create local pages for electrician in Hampton, electrician in Woodston, electrician in Parnwell and so on. This can be done in bulk or we could target one area a month for you.
If you’d like to know more, please contact Hazel directly who would be happy to discuss your local SEO content requirements.