As a business owner, and perhaps especially as a small business owner or start-up business owner, it is important that you track your return on investment for everything you do; not just the things you spend money on but also the things you spend time on. Your time is just as valuable, if not more valuable as your money!
In this blog post we would like to share some ways that you can track the return on investment of your business social media, and share some things that you need to be aware of when you are tracking your business social media presence return on investment.
- You need to create general goals that outline specific things that you want to achieve for your business by using social media.
- You also need to create more concrete goals, but remember a lot of the power of social media marketing is in the general brand building and this may not always be directly measurable.
- Keep an eye on the engagement and likes on your social media pages; you need to keep an eye on the progress to ensure you meet those concrete goals that you have set yourself.
- If you’re not getting the results you want or expect from social media then don’t be afraid to change your approach, stay flexible and you’ll soon see what works for your target audience and what doesn’t work.
- It is essential that you look at your Google Analytics, this is where you can determine which social media channels are gaining the most traffic to your website, where you can track and follow sales leads but also it’s a great way of doing some market research too.
If you’d like help managing your social media pages or want some social media training then please contact us directly; we would also be happy to create some goals and expectations with you too.