Social media can be an awesome marketing tool for your business, when it is used right. When you manage your business social media incorrectly, it can cause serious issues for your business. It could result in minimal engagement, no new connections and no additional traffic to your website.
In this blog post we would like to share some top tips with you, to help you succeed at social media for your business.
- Make sure you share valuable content. By valuable, we mean ‘useful’ to your audience. Valuable content will be read and shared by your audience and followers.
- Don’t use social media to sell, sell sell. By just promoting yourself over and over you will turn your audience off and they won’t be interested. The clue is in the title, it is ‘social’ media.
- Post things on social media that are of interest to you and that you want to read. This way you will attract people like you, to your business.
- Create titles and posts that grab attention. Use words that will attract the audience and make them want to find out more.
- Make your followers and connections feel important. This could be done by offering special deals or latest news that is only available to people that follow you on social media.
- Find ways to give back to the community, this can be the ‘real life’ community, but also your business community and your social media community.
- Be you, be personal. You are what makes your business different to the rest so be personal and personable where appropriate.
- Promote your social media pages on flyers and leaflets, on your websites, at networking events and on branded vehicles. Find ways to attract new people to your social media profiles.
- Don’t be a robot on social media, you need to respond to those that reply to your posts and you need to engage with your audience too. Once again, the clue is in the title – be social!
- Be consistent on social media. Make sure if you are posting once a day that you continue doing this. Don’t post 10 times in one day and then nothing for 3 weeks.
- Experiment with different content, Try sharing links to blog posts, testimonials, videos, pictures and funny GIFs. See what works for each audience.
- Choose the best channels for your business and make sure they are the social media channels that your audience use. Just because your friend that makes birthday cakes swears by instagram, it doesn’t mean it will work for your solicitors firm.
- Don’t try to cater for every person and every audience. Choose your ideal client and cater for them via your social media presence.
- Find your brand tone and voice, this may vary between social media platforms, but by using the right tone and voice you’ll engage with the right potential clients.
- Use and advertise competitions and events to promote your business and your social media profiles to new audiences.
- Take amazing photographs of ‘real’ things. Stock images are great, but you’ll get lots more engagement from a real photo taken by you!
- Automate when and where you can and you’ll save loads of time. But if you still run out of time why not consider outsourcing your social media management?