December is a great time to boost your social media engagement. Everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit. They want to have some fun. This means, you need to share fun things for them to get involved with.
Here are just some of our ideas to have a little fun and boost your social media engagement in December;
- Ask some questions! Ask your audience what their favourite Christmas song is. A few days later ask them what their favourite Christmas carol is. Then their favourite Christmas film. Even get chatting about their favourite hot chocolate flavour; could it be Starbucks or Costa for example? You could even ask about their favourite part of Christmas day, or their most memorable Christmas.
- Share some photos and updates of your countdown to Christmas. This could be a photo of your advent calendar or you wrapping all your presents. It could be all the many Christmas cards you have to write, or a sneak peak of your company Christmas cards. Why not share a photo of your decorated tree or office?
- What’s your elf name? Give it a quick google and you’ll quickly see from the images what we mean. There are lots out at Halloween, and they’re popular at Christmas too. Why not share your ‘elf name’ and ask your audience to comment with their elf names too? Don’t forget to respond though!
- Elf on the Shelf? Have a little fun with Elf on the Shelf. Hide him around the office, in the kitchen and with your products. It’s a great chance to show off what you do, your awesome office and your amazing products too. Use the elf to show and promote the parts of the business you want to promote.
- Talking of promotions, why not share a special offer? While the B2B companies out there might be thinking this is just for B2C businesses, you’re wrong. Loads of us know other small business owners, and our clients do too. Why not buy your friend a blog for their new business, or give them some downtime by paying for out social media management for a few weeks, as their Christmas treat?
- Take the time to talk about how far you have come this year. Tell your story and your achievements. Don’t forget to thank those around you for getting you as far as you have come. This could be your team, your suppliers or your brilliant customers. A little ‘thank-you’ could go a long way.
- Celebrate the days and send best wishes to others. Even if it’s just scheduling the posts, make sure you wish everyone a Happy Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Eve. Don’t forget Christmas Jumper Day. Get involved and donate some money to a local charity too.
If you need help to boost your social media engagement in December, or any other time of the year – give our social media experts a call.