The average blog post is around 300-600 words. We were wondering how long it takes the average business owner to write a blog post of 300-600 words and we found some reliable research we have shared below for you.
The Orbit survey found that is takes the average person 3 hours and 16 minutes to write a typical blog post. Let’s see how that breaks down;
- 7.12% of all business owners take less than 1 hour to write an engaging blog post.
- 23.53% of all business owners take 1 to 2 hours to write a SEO friendly blog post.
- 25.13% of all business owners take 2 to 3 hours to write a typical blog post.
- 17.07% of all business owners take 3 to 4 hours to write a standard blog post.
- 14.89% of all business owners take 4 to 6 hours to write a business blog post.
- 12.27% of all business owners take more than 6 hours to write a typical blog post of 300-600 words.
If a blog post takes you more than 4 hours to write, then we would strongly recommend that you outsource your blog writing to a professional blogger. Not only will this save you time, but it will also help you earn more money.
As we have discussed in previous blog posts, outsourcing can help you make more money. For example, if you are a Health and Safety Consultant charging clients £100 an hour for your time, it may be more financially effective to outsource. Our blog posts costs £40 so even outsourcing for one blog post would allow you to earn £60 an hour, when the cost of the blog post is removed.
However, if you are a Health and Safety Consultant and it takes you 4 hours to write a blog post, this is £400 a blog post. Meanwhile, outsourcing this blog post would cost just £40.
If you are keen to write your own blog posts then the basic guidelines you need to follow are as follows;
- Blogs must be 300-600 words as a minimum.
- Sentences should be less than 20 words.
- Paragraphs should be 3-5 lines in length.
- Each blog should have at least 5-6 paragraphs.
- Make sure your content is skimmable and engaging.
Make sure you time yourself. Include the time you spend coming up with an idea. Also include not just the time it takes the time to write the blog, but to edit it and upload it too.