Here at Creative Content Company we publish a new blog every other day. However, it is easy for us. We have lots to blog about. We are also good at blogging. On top of this, we are sat in front of a computer every day, so we have the opportunity to blog.
Frequently publishing new blog posts is really beneficial to your business, but it isn’t always easy. Sometimes you don‘t have the time to blog. Other times you don’t know what to blog about, or you just don’t have the ‘umph to blog’
Our clients are a real mix of blogging frequency. Some of our clients have a monthly blog post from us, some have weekly and some have twice weekly. Then there are clients that have irregular orders for blog posts. These clients publish a new blog post on an irregular basis, but they will be things they feel are useful to their audience.
The main benefit of publishing new blog posts on a frequent basis is SEO. These are updates to your website that Google sees. These include keywords that help you get found by your target audience. When you publish a new blog post it also gives you more great content to share on your social media pages.
We would always recommend that you publish a new blog at least once a month, but ideally weekly or twice weekly. Orbitmedia.com did some research recently that looked at how often businesses uploaded new blog posts and this is what they found;
- 1.3% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post more than once a day.
- 2.6% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post on a daily basis.
- 18% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post 2-6 times a week.
- 21.9% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post on a weekly basis.
- 22.7% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post several times a month.
- 13.0% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post once a month.
- 4.9% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post less than once a month.
- 15.6% of bloggers are uploading a new blog post on an irregular basis.
Personally, we would only recommend you blog when you have something useful to blog about. There is no point in blogging for the sake of blogging. As we have touched on in previous blog posts, choose how often you will blog and stick to it. If you choose to blog twice a week, then you need to stick to that. Don’t post twice a week for 3 weeks and then no new blog posts for 3 months.
If you need help frequently uploading new blog posts to your website, then please contact us. We would be only too happy to help you create and stick to a blogging schedule for your business.