Here at Creative Content Company we sell newsletter creation and newsletter design as a service, but do email newsletters work or has email marketing actually died a death? Firstly, the team at Creative Content Company only sell what they believe in – if we don’t think that something works then we won’t sell it.
Secondly, we work with businesses that use email newsletters, either created by us or created by them and they work. We aren’t just talking about increasing brand awareness, which newsletter do, but we actually work closely with one business who built up their business solely on email newsletters and email marketing – no cold calls, just a website and a lot of email newsletters and email marketing campaigns.
Then we went looking for more facts and figures to see is email marketing had died and we found the following;
- 80% of content marketers use email marketing – would all those people use something that didn’t work? (research by B2B Content Marketing Research in 2014)
- 55% of companies that use email marketing generate more than 10% of their sales from email newsletters – would you like 10% more sales? (research provided by Econsultancy 2014)
- Marketers consistently ranked emails as the single most effective tactic for improving brand awareness, conversions and retention – that’s a lot of areas in which email newsletter can work? (From Gigaom Research 2014)
- It’s been reported that email newsletters are almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers than social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. (This was reported by McKinsey & Company in 2014)
- 42% of businesses in the US state that email is one of their most effective lead generation channels – that’s nearly half of all businesses saying email marketing works! (as reported by Circle Research in 2012)
- 88% of B2B Marketers say that email is their most effective lead generation tactic, so if you’re a B2B business surely this is something worth considering? (Research provided by Circle Research in 2012)
- 88% of marketers say email marketing brings them a positive return on investment, and let’s be honest now – don’t we all want a positive return on investment? (Research from ExactTarget 2014)