We write a lot of business blog posts every day, but even we were surprised to find out that around 2 million blog posts are published every day and around 30% of these are lists! Here at Creative Content Company I think about 10% of the blogs on our own website are blogs – but blog do work, especially when the title is ‘Top ten …’ or similar.

We were also surprised to find out that blogs are classed as the 5th most trusted source for accurate information online. This confirms what we say to our clients about using blog posts to put yourself out there as an expert in your industry.

The report also showed that 45% of marketers said that blogging was their number one most important content strategy – we were definitely surprised to see this as we thought it would have been a lot more than just 45%!

We were also surprised to see that only 59% of companies use their own website as a marketing technique… what do the other 41% use their website for? Meanwhile 78%of businesses are constantly publishing new articles and blog posts to their websites that are relevant to their businesses or industry, this was a lot more than we expected so we were happy to see that more businesses ‘get’ blogging.

Research shows that 81% of B2B marketers use blogs as part of their content marketing strategy and because of this they gain 67% more leads than B2B marketers that do not use blogging as part of their content marketing strategy.

Research has also shows that blog posts that are uploaded and published with an image will get 95% more views that a blog without an image and this makes perfect sense – an image is what stops you scrolling, catches the eye and attracts your attention.

We always recommend that businesses aim for blog posts of 300-500 words and the research has shown us that blog posts of 1,000 words or less dominate the most shared B2B content, meanwhile blog posts over 1,000 words will get shared more on average.

Were these things that you know about blogs? We were certainly surprised with some of the results the research came up with.

Research from FindYourTalent.co